The Bonaire Hotel & Tourism Association (BONHATA) is the association of the tourism private sector of Bonaire. The association is the unified voice of the private sector of the island and works together with the Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) of Bonaire to promote and market Bonaire as Destination.
The association is growing and currently represents more than 90 tourism related businesses, both on island and off island. We are looking for:
Director Operations (M/F)
The Director Operations is the key management leader of the organization of the association and responsible for overseeing the strategic goals, programs, membership relations and performance review of the association, this in line with the association’s strategic plan and goals as defined by the Board of Directors. The Director Operations reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Realizing the strategic goals;
- Write and execute yearly execution plans;
- Spokesperson and PR activities;
- Plan, administer, review and report on all finances of the association;
- Facilitate board and committee meetings;
- Oversee marketing activities of the association
- Oversee and execute all other daily operations of the association;
- Represent the association in meetings with the DMO, National and Local government and other stakeholders;
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with stakeholders; Maintain member relations.
The right candidate will be able to prove the following skills
- Education and training Bachelor’s degree or higher and strong leadership skills.
- Strong affinity with Tourism
- You Love Bonaire
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with governmental and private sector partners (stakeholder management);
- Computer savvy;
- Excellent and accurate communicator, verbal and written;
- Familiar with (digital) marketing;
- Able to work independently;
- Fluent in Dutch and English; Papiamentu and/or Spanish is a plus;
- Representative and purpose-oriented personality;
- Willingness to work outside of office hours and to travel.
BONHATA offers a challenging position in a developing and diverse environment with an appropriate remuneration ranging from US$ 3,200 – 4,100 gross per month depending on education and experience. Applicants are invited to write an application letter and accompanying curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn. Selection Committee. Applications need to be received before July 25th, 2019.